This three-week course is designed to build upon the formal training gained by CSIs during VCSI or Stage 1 initial training courses, and to utilise the professional experience they have gained in related roles. Alecto has a custom-built training facility with simulated crime scene spaces and a dedicated outdoor space for external crime scenes and vehicle examination.
It will provide a rapid refreshment on best practice approaches to basic evidence recovery before addressing more advanced issues of wider scene logistics and management. Intelligence gathering, assessment and dissemination will be covered in detail. Videography, specialist imaging techniques and niche evidence recovery will be addressed, in addition to operation at CBRNe scenes. New and existing practical skills will be further assessed through a final courtroom exercise.
- Core evidence recovery skills refresher.
- Scene photography refresher; night photography; alternative light source photography.
- Welfare and forensic strategy on the major scene.
- The National Intelligence Model; Gathering, assessing and disseminating intelligence.
- Crime scene videography and drawn scene planning.
- Major Scene briefing.
- Niche evidence and scene awareness (fire scene, firearms, ballistics, explosives, pathology archaeology, anthropology, entomology).
- Digital forensics on the crime scene.
- CBRNe crime scenes.
- Statement writing and court deportment.
This course will be rigorously assessed through continuous assessment in line with the Skills for Justice National Occupational Standards for Crime Scene Investigators. In addition, participants will be required to complete a final written examination and demonstrate engagement with the course syllabus and pass a linked scene practical, statement writing and courtroom presentation practical exercise.
Would you like more information?
Download our brochure or Contact our Training & Events team to book your place.
Our upcoming CSI L2 course dates:
- Monday 8th – Friday 26th January 2024
- Tuesday 7th – Friday 24th May 2024
- Monday 2nd – Friday 20th September 2024
- Monday 18th November – Friday 6th December 2024
Get in touch with our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best dates for your crime scene investigators.